Monday, May 23, 2011

Art and Music: my thoughts

Someone told me the other night that I seem to have song for all occasions, maybe so. Perhaps I need to change what I want to chat about.  Maybe I should add music the the art. Music can change your make you feel calm, happy, excited make us laugh and cry. Fuel your creativity.  Hopefully I can brighten your day with some musical insight.
Music has become a big part of my big girl life *middle age*. My big girl life has brought new challenges and a wonderful *that is sarcasm* auto-immune disorder. A rare disorder with treatment that is a guessing game, has left me in a wheelchair and a lot of time on my hands. Not always is time a good thing...when you watch the world from your window. Art, crafts, and music have become a lifeline. Music has always been a big part of who I am just ask my children. They will tell you about choir rehearsals, singing at two churches every Sunday and a car with me as the radio.
My very first album that I could listen to...was "Bookends" from Simon & Garfunkel. Actually my older brother kindly left it behind when he went in the navy in 1969, so finders keepers. Needless to say to this day that album is one of my favorites. Paul Simon is one of the great writers of that generation. His lyrics always paint vivid images and feeling. Take the song...."At The Zoo" these word seem like nonsense but they never fail to prompt a sing along and a smile. So for your enjoyment and the word make a neat poem. Remember you can always sing as if no one is listening.
 Someone told me, It's all happening at the zoo.,  I do believe it, I do believe it's true.
Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Whoooa. Mmmmm.
It's a light and tumble journey, From the East Side to the park; Just a fine and fancy ramble...To the zoo.
But you can take the crosstown bus If it's raining or it's cold, And the animals will love it If you do. If you do.
Something tells me It's all happening at the zoo. I do believe it, I do believe it's true.
Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Whoooa. Mmmmm.
The monkeys stand for honesty, Giraffes are insincere, And the elephants are kindly but they're dumb. Orangutans are skeptical Of changes in their cages,
And the zookeeper is very fond of rum.
Zebras are reactionaries, Antelopes are missionaries, Pigeons plot in secrecy, And hamsters turn on frequently.
What a gas! You gotta come and see
At the zoo.



No comments:

Post a Comment