Friday, November 19, 2010

Music and Me

Today is a music post. I find more and more that music is what gets me through the day and sparks the creative karma.  Upon reflection of what to write about I come back to my favorite things * no song cue intended* those are art and music. Art in the making of and the viewing of beautiful things. So I have decided to write about what I know.  
Do you ever find that you are tryin to go to sleep and the one song keeps replaying in your head over and over. I do that a lot, sometimes it's the last song I heard on a TV show.
The lyrics are what stick with you...they are like poems with a melody. One of my favorites lately and can't seem to get out of my head is new Amy Grant's song "Better Than a Hallelujah".  The first two lines are just.... well a prayer, a poem, a story... you decide
"God loves a lullaby
In a mother's tears in the dead of night
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes

God loves the drunkard's cry
The soldier's plea not to let him die
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes"
Such simple phrases that express so much, something to think about for today.
Here is a link to the video Better than a Hallelujah
Be safe and kind to one another.
regina


No comments:

Post a Comment