Monday, October 26, 2009

Music Monday…A few of my favorite things.. British…


Music Monday…A few of my favorite things.. British…
With the announcement of Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber’s illness I pondered about a few of my favorite things British. Well first I have to tell you that “Jesus Christ Superstar” is probably one of my favs by Weber. Mostly because it was the first LP I ever bought and being a catholic school girl, it was almost scandalous in 1971. Now don’t get me wrong there a lot of musicals by ALW that I love, but you always have a special place for your first.
Britain has a great history of entertainment. I will only list a few more of my British favs, the new “Dr Who” with David Tennent. Can’t wait till we get to see the newest Dr Who here is the USA. When you mention British comedy, Monty Python is the first that comes to mind, but there are others. Comedian Eddie Izzard always makes me laugh out loud. Just the phrase “Cake or death? Ah Cake please.” From the HBO special “Dress to Kill”. And who else but Eddie would run 43 marathons in 51 days to raise money for Sport Relief!
British music explores all music genres from pop to classical. My favorite vocalist who I discovered quite by accident is ‘The Voice’ Russell Watson. Russell’s amazing story is one of trials and tribulations. Love his versatility with any music genre and he does them all so well. But to finish out I think I’ll share Russell Watson’s version of “Music of the Night” from Phantom from YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment